all the foo that's fit to print!

2009/06/13

The New York 7 - Jones Beach


JonesBeach1, originally uploaded by syllienovice.


one thing I absolutely love is the beach @ nite. the above pic does not reflect that.

what it DOES represent is one of my favorite beaches (probably b/c of childhood reasons) - jones beach state park. I grew up on this beach, spent some class picnics there, honed my short game @ its pitch-n-putt course, climbed massive mtns of sand, saw concerts, and think there's nothing wrong with parking in a massive concrete lot and walking a bit to a generous stretch of sand and waves. even though jones beach isn't the best beach I've visited (uh, hello Maui!), I feel forever linked to it and, as such, cherish any time spent there. it's one of those things about NY that I miss lots and really regret not going to more often when I lived up there. and that's what makes it so special.

we're only going to be on the island for a couple of days, but I definitely plan on spending an evening there. there's nothing like the beach once the sun goes down. the temps cool, the crowd gets more sparse, and it is so peaceful and calming. it honestly just doesn't get better than that. if there's an opportunity to pull out a beach chair and just claim an area on the beach while the sun goes down, you better take it. it's one of the best feelings in the world.

0 comments: