all the foo that's fit to print!

2009/06/08

The New York 7 - Bagels


The First Bite, originally uploaded by Inside_man.


let's be honest here - New York bagels are perfection. from the hard exterior to the soft, delightful doughy insides, you cannot beat a New York bagel.

the way I like 'em is w/ a little cream cheese and some lox. too much cheese makes the experience a little too creamy and too much lox makes it too fishy. it's all about the balance. oh yeah, and b/c I do it crazy w/ the lox, i have to keep my bagels plain. no poppies, no sesames, no eggs (yuck!), and especially no everything. just plain w/ lox and cream cheese.

and my favorite place to get these jewels is in Hicksville @ Bagel Boss. it was absolutely perfect having a great bagel place right around the corner from your house... or a few blocks away. another great deli is Gold and Meyer's Gourmet Deli and Bagelry in Plainview. for an eatery to feature the word BAGELRY in it's name, you know it has to be special!

I don't know many places in NYC that do bagels, but you really cannot go wrong. I'm sure you can find an amazing bagel ANYWHERE in the 10001. but I know that I'm extremely excited to walk out of a deli, dip my hand in a brown paper bag, unwrap a sliced bagel w/ lox and cream cheese and savor the moment!

0 comments: