all the foo that's fit to print!

2009/07/20

hope for aneternalsummer

trip to New York? check.

trip to Lake Wedowee? check.

trip to Mexico Beach, FL? check.

it absolutely sucks that these wonderful summer days are limited. you just want to cram everything into the coming days, knowing that it will come to an end eventually. so, it's just natural to think of the NEXT thing immediately following yr previous excursion. you spend those dreaded work-filled days longing for something else, something that's somehow a little more exciting than the aforementioned vacation/event/happening/etc.

that's why I came up w/ a list of a few things that I want to accomplish before summer's end. fortunately, I still have some time left to achieve these as summers in GA aren't over until, like, Christmas eve or something. :P

1. river tubing in north Georgia


I first found out about this bit of amazingness when I worked @ a school during the spring and early summer months of 2007. I absolutely hated being the, uh, chaperone, driving around a short-bus that had zero air conditioning and was filled w/ the most delinquent teenagers in the country... in Helen, GA... and watching everyone and their mother having the time of their lives, being completely effing lazy and cool in the Chattahoochee River. it was cruel, cruel punishment and I'm ready to get over it by joining the masses!

2. Zoo Atlanta!


this will probably be something saved for later on as it does get quite hot in Atlanta in July and August. but it's a zoo I've wanted to see for a while now. I've been to the Georgia Aquarium enough times that I think I know the daily food specials and when the sea otters take their naps. but I love zoos and it's seemed like the last one I went to was the Bronx Zoo, and that was when I lived in NY. besides, what's cuter than a panda? EXACTLY.

3. ATL Bravos


for a Thrashers fan (or hockey fan, in general), the summers suck. save for free agency, the draft, or prospect camps, there is a complete lack of hockey. there are no games, there are no words, and there are no signs of it existing anywhere. that's where something else has to fill the void, albeit temporarily. enter yr Atlanta Braves. it's hard to say what interacted w/ me first, hockey or baseball, but I think I'm going to have to go for the latter. even though I admit how boring the game is, baseball an essential summertime event and I love the combo of cheap seats, beers, and hot dogs, no matter what time of the year it is.

4. SixFlags White Water


I cannot stand amusement parks (except any and all Disney parks). hate the rides, hate the screaming children, hate the cheesiness. none of it appeals to me. however, when you substitute AMUSEMENT for WATER, I find diff results. I love water slides, lazy rivers, and splashing into pools @ the very end of a ride. would love to check this place out, and soon!

5. Douchebaggery 2009


hopefully there will be more tk in the next few weeks abt this splendid happening!

0 comments: